Monday, July 30, 2012

ONE WEEK!

It is officially one week until my family arrives in Botswana! In fact, at this time (4:18pm), it is actually a few hours less than a week! I was telling the staff and the Board for my NGO about their arrival this morning and I literally cried out of happiness. I can hardly believe it. It seems so surreal to me that they will be a part of this life I have created in this country on the other side of the world. It has been uniquely my own for nearly sixteen months and I will soon get to share it with the people I hold most dear. It is a surrealism that is rivaled only by those first steps up the ramp towards security when I started this grand adventure. I am no longer counting down the months or the weeks until they get here... I am counting down the seconds! 586,800 seconds to go! Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. Happy thoughts! I just met my family in Scotland for a vacation. Enjoy your family time!

    ReplyDelete