Friday, July 6, 2012

GWB Visits Botswana

Former President George W. Bush and his wife, Former First Lady Laura Bush, visited Botswana on July 5th. They were here to promote an expanded cancer treatment program to specifically address cervical cancer prevention. Included in his trips were visits to Princess Marina Hospital, a number of clinics, the UPenn Partnership, the US Ambassador's house, and MY NGO. What was the only thing that "made the cut" for the official video of his visit? That's right, MY EVENT at MY NGO! I kid you not! Watch the video below and you will see! My event starts at the traditional dancers (Nare tsa Pina dance group who graciously donated their time) and continues on to a discussion with members of Peace Corps, and finishes with the precious children from my OVC Preschool. Yes, that means there's six minutes of my event broadcasted online as the main attraction of President and Mrs. Bush's visit!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! How cool! To be in the official video and to thus have a great record of the event you worked so hard for. I also enjoyed pretending like I was there :)

    ReplyDelete