Monday, December 5, 2011

We Remember... I Will Try To Fix You ♥

Loss is hard. Anyone who has lost someone important to them knows the pain, the longing, and the confusion that accompanies it. I, for one, know it all too well.

Today my family had to say goodbye to someone we love. Being half a world away makes it hard to mourn and to share the burden of the loss. I am so sad that I cannot be there to hug my mom, my aunt and uncle, and my cousins. On days like today, being far from home is ever the more difficult. I wish I could be with my family. I wish I could look them in the eyes and express my deepest sympathy and sorrow. I wish they could see that I hurt too and they are not alone. When there is a loss of this magnitude, when the world says goodbye to such a wonderful soul, a hole is left in our hearts. There is definitely one in mine.

In honor of this loss and the many others that resonate with us, I want to impart the following passage, which I hope will bring some comfort...

"We remember now, 
those with whom we shared, 
those that gave us strength, 
those we cherished, 
those we loved...

In the rising of the sun, and in its going down, we remember them. 
In the blowing of the wind and in the chill of winter, we remember them. 
In the opening of buds and in the rebirth of spring, we remember them. 
In the blueness of the sky and in the warmth of summer, we remember them. 
In the rustling of the leaves and in the beauty of autumn, we remember them. 
In the beginning of the year and when it ends, we remember them. 
When we are weary and in need of strength, we remember them. 
When we are lost and sick at heart, we remember them. 
When we have joys we yearn to share, we remember them. 
So long as we live, they, too, shall live, for they are now a part of us, as we remember them."




May those who we have lost rest in eternal peace and may we find the strength to carry on and bring a piece of them with us... everywhere.

Until that day, I am here for you... ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment