Saturday, December 3, 2011

Introducing... The Kums Kids!

I have decided that I'm going to start a new group of posts that I'm calling "Kums Kids". Basically, I'm going to "introduce" you all to the Kumakwane village kids that I have befriended and who fill my days with arts and crafts, games of frisbee and catch, and cartoon hour. They are the breath of fresh air in this country and the ones who brighten my days. Each child has a story that will break your heart, warm your heart, and that you will carry in your heart forever.

This picture is of my "Kums Kids wall". It's the main wall in my house and it dons the pictures the kids have colored me. It started out as a way for me to learn their names - I would ask them to write their name on their picture before I would hang it up and then every time they would come over I would ask them to point out their picture and VOILA I would be reminded of their name! Now that I know them all and they spend almost every afternoon with me, the picture wall has turned into a gallery that they are proud of. The kids will come in and stare at it, they invite their friends to look at their art, and they will labor over their next great piece to go up. It's precious. (What will I do when those last two spots fill up?!)

I love my Kums Kids!

1 comment:

  1. You need to keep those, and we can have them framed, just like you have them hung on your wall. What an amazing piece of art that would be in your house. I love you...Mom

    ReplyDelete