Friday, December 2, 2011

The Peace Corps Botswana Time Continuum

Time does not make sense anymore. My fellow PCVs and I have discussed this ad nauseam and we all feel the same way. Basically, time is extremely peculiar here and seems to not exist in any sort of recognizable form. It feels like time goes on forever but, simultaneously, never changes. I truly don't feel like I have been here for eight months already (WHOA!) but I also feel like I have been away from home a very long time. It just feels like time is stagnant and we are stuck in this weird time continuum. Perhaps this is because our seasons are switched around so it feels backwards or because we don't have the usual markers of holidays and seasons (it's sunny about 360 days a year). Or, maybe, time really does stop in Peace Corps.

No comments:

Post a Comment