Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Crossing the T's and Dotting the I's: An End Grows Near

Today I turned in my Description of Service and had my exit interview with the Country Director. There are only nine days left of this 1,182 day journey as a Peace Corps Volunteer. I have to admit that it has been very challenging at times, often pushing me to see and feel and do things I never could have dreamed of, but it has also been the most rewarding experience of my life. I am the same girl that boarded the plane to Botswana more than three years ago but I have new eyes and stronger convictions and thicker skin. I now have the skills to go along with my passion and conviction. And, most of all, I am grateful for this experience and humbled by the amazing people I have met along the way. What a beautiful world and a beautiful life this has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment