Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Flights are BOOKED! This is really happening!

I just booked my travel arrangements to staging! I fly out of Spokane at 6am on March 31st and land in Philadelphia at 3:48pm! Registration starts at 6pm and bright and early the next morning we're in the clinic being used as a pin cushion! Although I am really sad to be losing an entire day with my family (we had mentally committed to the April 1st staging date and hadn't even considered my leaving before then), I am also extremely excited about this journey and can't wait to meet my fellow Bots 10ers and get this show on the road!

For those of you that are curious, my travel information to Botswana looks like this: Leave for staging in Philadelphia on March 31st; spend a few days doing paperwork, clinic visits, and icebreakers; then, on April 2nd, take the bus from Philly to New York, departing from JFK at 11:15am for a 15 hour flight to Johannesburg, South Africa followed by a 1-hour flight to Gaborone. This means that I will officially be in Botswana on April 3rd! Ahhhhhhhhhh! It's really happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment