Thursday, July 28, 2011

Routine of Happiness

I am falling into a routine of happiness. Now that my work here has meaning and things are starting to get accomplished (albeit slowly), I am feeling less anxious, more relaxed, and at peace with myself. Getting to this point is monumental because I am able to embrace happiness. For instance, this afternoon I taught a group of village kids how to do some basic yoga. We laughed together hysterically as they tried out different asanas. My sides ached by the time they left. Afterwards, I did a full 120 minutes of my own yoga practice and felt free and rejuvenated to the point that I had a dance party with myself. I rocked out around my living room to Amadou & Mariam (and only after realized that I probably looked like a crazy gypsy to a passerby that looked through my open windows). As I write this, I am smiling from ear-to-ear, eating some fruit, and drinking a big glass of red wine. I like this new routine. I think I'll keep it.

1 comment:

  1. I love the dancing in my house alone. That is the best. I just have to work on the yoga part of it...haha

    ReplyDelete