Monday, March 18, 2013

Water and Power and Smiles, Oh My!

I don't want to jinx it so I am knocking on wood as I write this but, after weeks without, my village once again has power and water! This means that schools have re-opened, clothes are being washed and hung out to dry, and people are no longer looking to the skies and praying for rain. (Of course, I am still hoarding water and urging my friends to do the same just in case the pipes dry out again. I've been tricked into a false sense of security before.) But, at least for now, I am happy to report that all of my electronics are fully charged and my water containers (and bathtub) are filled with water. This is one of those Peace Corps victories that can't be quantified on a resume but that feels like a huge triumph when you're living it...

1 comment:

  1. I've been terrible and am finally catching up on your blog. WHAT?? you were out of water again?! and this time the power too?? I feel like you are either going to be flipping switches like crazy or the most energy efficient person when you come back to the US!

    ReplyDelete